Our Vision: Inspire the Woman. Impact the World.
Our Mission: Alpha Gamma Delta is an international fraternity for women that exists to provide opportunities for personal development through the spirit of sisterhood. We support lifelong learning as a means to gain understanding and wisdom. We promote the value of fraternal membership and commitment to higher education. We help prepare members to contribute to the world's work. We advocate lifetime involvement in Alpha Gamma Delta.
Our Message: Live With Purpose
Be smart. Be committed. Be creative and flexible
Learn, all the time
Live with integrity and expect the same from others
Cooperate, communicate and present your best self in all situations
Deliver your highest quality work with the time, resources and knowledge available
Believe in the power of women and the value of Alpha Gamma Delta
Your Role in Our Mission:
The Education Specialist works with the Fraternity Development Team and the Education Manager on all aspects of the Fraternity’s education and training programs to ensure the Fraternity is providing relevant, replicable and appropriate support, education and training to its members. The Fraternity Development Team is integral in providing lifelong learning opportunities for the personal development of our members.
Your success will be defined by your ability to produce high quality work against hard deadlines, build collaborative and productive relationships with staff, volunteers and vendors and be proactive in anticipating and addressing educational needs of the Fraternity.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work with Education Manager to develop and implement the Fraternity’s education and training strategy
- Develop and implement specific Fraternity education, leadership development and training programs, inclusive of collegiate and alumnae member development, collegiate officer training, alumnae volunteer training and academic support programming through facilitator-led and learning management system (LMS) mediums
- Work with our volunteer Education Team to provide resources, support and training
- Assist with educational and training components of the Fraternity’s regional and international meetings and conferences
- Evaluate the effectiveness of Fraternity programming and training at all levels with respect to the Fraternity’s mission, vision and strategic plan. Recommend changes as appropriate
- Coordinate grant applications to the Alpha Gamma Delta Foundation for educational and leadership funding
- Travel for Academy of Collegiate Officers, Academy for Chapter Advisors, Convention and other meetings, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- A team player, able to collaborate closely with others while exhibiting a positive attitude
- An excellent communicator, with strong verbal and written skills in the English language
- An educator at heart, with a passion for making progress easier for others and a working knowledge of instructional design
- Well-organized, able to work with minimal supervision and manage your time in a deadline-oriented environment
- Flexible, able to adapt to changing needs, shift priorities as required and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Tech-savvy, with relative comfort within the current computer/tablet and online environment and knowledge in or interest in exploring up and coming virtual learning opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree beneficial
- Minimum of one year experience, preferably in higher education, corporate training, instructional design or the fraternity/sorority field
- Membership in Alpha Gamma Delta or other fraternity/sorority and basic knowledge of the Fraternity preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel as a representative of the Fraternity when needed
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Job-Status: Non-exempt, hourly
Reports to: Education Manager
Other Duties: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Non-Discrimination Policy: We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Location: Indianapolis, IN