Accounting Clerk - Accounts Receivable
Our Vision: Inspire the Woman. Impact the World.
Our Mission: Alpha Gamma Delta is an international fraternity for women that exists to provide opportunities for personal development through the spirit of sisterhood. We support lifelong learning as a means to gain understanding and wisdom. We promote the value of fraternal membership and commitment to higher education. We help prepare members to contribute to the world's work. We advocate lifetime involvement in Alpha Gamma Delta.
Our Message: Live With Purpose
Be smart. Be committed. Be creative and flexible.
Learn, all the time.
Live with integrity and expect the same from others.
Cooperate, communicate and present your best self in all situations.
Deliver your highest quality work with the time, resources and knowledge available.
Believe in the power of women and the value of Alpha Gamma Delta.
Your Role in Our Mission:
The Accounting Specialist supports the Accounting Manager and the Accounting, Property Management and Operations teams by building capacity and participating in key organizational functions. As the primary support to the Accounting function, your success will be defined by your ability to proactively anticipate needs, create method amidst madness (or organize chaos) and build collaborative and productive relationships with staff, volunteers and other stakeholders.
What You Will Be Doing:
• Process, maintain and distribute accurate records for the collegiate chapters, house association, alumnae chapters/clubs and miscellaneous accounts receivables regarding payments received, invoices, and monthly statements.
• Distribute monthly statements and accounts receivable aging reports to the appropriate collegiate chapters, advisors, house associations, alumnae groups, volunteer service team members, IHQ staff and International Council
• Process all funds received by the Fraternity and Fraternity Housing Corporation using the FundWare Accounting program
• Generate and disburse monthly invoices for all accounts receivable, loans, and annual insurance premiums for collegiate chapters, house associations and alumnae chapters/clubs.
• Reconcile general ledger accounts on a monthly and quarterly basis. Prepares and enters approved journal entries.
• Annually assist with the year-end audit preparation
• Utilizes the Compass database to store and process information. Utilizes the Compass Billing functionality to invoice collegiate chapters for the Fraternity.
• Provide back-up support for accounts payable function
• Other duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager.
• An excellent communicator in the English language – both written and verbal
• Flexible; able to adapt to changing needs and shift priorities as needed
• A team player, able to collaborate closely with others while exhibiting a positive attitude
• Detail-oriented, organized and confident with the ability to generate solutions and creatively solve problems
• Bachelors Degree, preferably in accounting or relevant accounting experience.
• Strong numerical aptitude and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Strong communication and analytical skills
• Adequate working knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word
• Ability to pass a criminal background check required
• Must be able and willing to lift and carry items 35-50 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Job-Status: Non-exempt, hourly.
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Other Duties: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Non-Discrimination Policy: We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.