Alumnae Development Specialist
Our Vision: Inspire the Woman. Impact the World.
Our Mission: Alpha Gamma Delta is an international fraternity for women that exists to provide opportunities for personal development through the spirit of sisterhood. We support lifelong learning as a means to gain understanding and wisdom. We promote the value of fraternal membership and commitment to higher education. We help prepare members to contribute to the world's work. We advocate lifetime involvement in Alpha Gamma Delta.
Our Message: Live With Purpose
Be smart. Be committed. Be creative and flexible.
Learn, all the time.
Live with integrity and expect the same from others.
Cooperate, communicate and present your best self in all situations.
Deliver your highest quality work with the time, resources and knowledge available.
Believe in the power of women and the value of Alpha Gamma Delta.
Your Role in Our Mission:
The Alumnae Development Specialist is broadly charged with supporting the growth and development of alumnae chapters and clubs as well as Junior Circles with resources, training and ongoing support. The Alumnae Development Specialist will serve on the Fraternity Development Team, collaborating with team members and our Communication and Marketing Team to further enhance the alumnae experience. Your success will be defined by your ability to cultivate new relationships with our alumnae and provide an impactful experience for alumnae involved in various programs, working against hard deadlines, to meet the needs of a growing organization.
What You Will Be Doing:
• Support the growth and development of alumnae chapters and clubs as well as Junior Circles with resources and training
• Develop an evolving program to capture and involve graduating seniors along with recent graduates in Alpha Gam alumnae activities
• Work with our volunteer Regional Alumnae Coordinators to provide resources, support and training
• Manage applications for Alumnae Initiates and provide support to volunteers for alumnae Good Standing
• Refresh our Rose Sisters program for alumnae abroad along with our Pearl Sisters program for provisional chapters
• Collaborate with Communication and Marketing Team members on the Alumnae Dues campaign in addition to processing data of paid dues members
• Collaborate with the Alumnae Engagement Specialist on areas including: volunteer recognition, Volunteer Service Team (VST) appointments and review of Honors of Epsilon Pi applicants
• Oversee awards processes for Distinguished Citizens, Heart of Alpha Gamma Delta and Talent of Leadership
• Responsible for alumnae newsletters and data request forms
• Creative and resilient – able to work through complex problems and thinking of creative solutions
• An excellent communicator in the English language – both written and verbal – with strong ability to help people understand the “why” and see their role in the bigger picture
• An advocate for the fraternal experience being beyond college
• Flexible; able to adapt to changing needs and shift priorities as needed while keeping stakeholders informed
• A team player, able to collaborate closely with others while exhibiting a positive attitude
• Able to demonstrate sound decision-making and think critically
• Detail-oriented, organized and confident with the ability to generate solutions and creatively solve problems
• Bachelor’s degree required
• One to three years’ experience in a related field or working with volunteers preferred
• Membership in Alpha Gamma Delta preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Ability and willingness to travel as a representative of the Fraternity when needed
• Must be able and willing to lift and carry items 35-50 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Job-Status: Non-exempt, hourly
Reports to: Director of Fraternity Development
Other Duties: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Non-Discrimination Policy: We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law