Membership Growth Specialist
Our Vision: Inspire the Woman. Impact the World.
Our Mission: Inspired by the vision and values defined by our Founders, Alpha Gamma Delta cherishes the lifelong opportunity to share sisterhood. We challenge our members to lead lives of significance that positively impact their communities.
Our Message: Live With Purpose
Be smart. Be committed. Be creative and flexible.
Learn, all the time.
Live with integrity and expect the same from others.
Cooperate, communicate and present your best self in all situations.
Deliver your highest quality work with the time, resources and knowledge available.
Believe in the power of women and the value of Alpha Gamma Delta.
Your Role in Our Mission:
The Membership Growth Specialist supports chapter growth through recruitment and retention initiatives as well as through understanding Fraternity and community growth trends through data collection and analysis. Success will be defined by the ability to think both quickly and proactively, to identify and forecast recruitment and retention needs and to communicate effectively and efficiently with collegiate chapters and advisors, volunteers, staff and campus professionals.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Gathering recruitment results and membership data that will help identify individual chapter and Fraternity growth trends
- Supporting and facilitating valuable in-person and online training initiatives for collegiate members, local advisors and volunteers
- Creating programs and various resources that will help members gain a better understanding of recruitment and retention concepts
- Working to strategically incorporate Fraternity brand and messaging into recruitment efforts
- Providing expertise on Membership Selection and assisting in the implementation of a new version of Membership Selection during the 2015 –2016 academic year
- Gaining and providing expertise on Release Figures Methodology, and NPC initiative used to increase formal recruitment retention
- Representing Alpha Gamma Delta during chapter and Fraternity/Sorority community visits as well as international conferences and trainings
- Assist extension projects including Membership Selection, Continuous Open Bidding, and Event Planning
- Gaining valuable professional development through a variety of learning opportunities and the creation of an expansive professional network
- Passionate about the sorority experience
- A leader who has influenced results through either formal or informal leadership roles
- Willing to learn, positive and open to an adventure
- A team player, able to work diplomatically with different groups of people while exhibiting a positive attitude
- An excellent communicator, with strong verbal and written skills. Comfortable presenting to large, multi-generational audiences
- Resourceful and interested in exploring the possibilities of what could be
- Well organized, able to work with minimal supervision and manage your time in a deadline-oriented environment with a high level of accuracy
- Flexible, able to adapt to changing needs, shift priorities as required and enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- Calm, collected and confident when speaking to stakeholders and in front of groups
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and common internet applications. Ability to capture and organize data in Microsoft Excel
- Membership in Alpha Gamma Delta or other fraternity/sorority strongly preferred. Recruitment Team officer, advisor or other volunteer experience also preferred
- Able to accommodate frequent travel, especially in August, September, October, January and February
- Possess a valid driver’s license and able to lift and carry items up to 35 lbs.
- Pass a background check
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Job-Status: Non-exempt, hourly.
Reports to: Membership Growth Manager
Other Duties: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Non-Discrimination Policy: We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.