Graduate Intern - Wellness and Harm Prevention
Our Vision: Inspire the Woman. Impact the World.
Our Mission: Alpha Gamma Delta is an international fraternity for women that exists to provide opportunities for personal development through the spirit of sisterhood. We support lifelong learning as a means to gain understanding and wisdom. We promote the value of fraternal membership and commitment to higher education. We help prepare members to contribute to the world's work. We advocate lifetime involvement in Alpha Gamma Delta.
Be smart. Be committed. Be creative and flexible.
Learn, all the time.
Live with integrity and expect the same from others.
Cooperate, communicate and present your best self in all situations.
Deliver your highest quality work with the time, resources and knowledge available.
Believe in the power of women and the value of Alpha Gamma Delta.
Your Role in Our Mission:
The Wellness Team is integral in ensuring alignment of all risk management policies and proactive education for members. The Wellness & Harm Prevention Intern will directly assist the Harm Prevention Manager with a wide range of projects to ensure the Fraternity is providing relevant education to its members with the focus of risk reduction.
Your success will be defined by your ability to produce high quality work against hard deadlines, build collaborative and productive relationships with staff, volunteers and vendors.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Analyze current prevention focused programming, compare to other prevention programming and organize based on topic area.
- Instructional design opportunity for Wellness & Harm Prevention to include topics on alcohol, hazing prevention, sexual violence prevention and mental health awareness.
- Design reactive online educational modules for Wellness & Harm Prevention for chapters to utilize.
- Review current trends in prevention education and propose topics for Wellness & Harm Prevention focused education.
- Design and update content hosted on the fraternity’s website and LMS.
- An educator at heart, with a passion for making progress easier for others and helping others maximize their potential.
- Captivated by curriculum or instructional design projects.
- Creative and visionary—able to work through complex problems while maintaining focus on the overall objective.
- An excellent communicator in the English language—both written and verbal—with strong ability to help people understand the “why” and see their role in the bigger picture.
- Flexible—able to adapt to changing needs and shift priorities as needed while keeping stakeholders informed.
- A team player—able to collaborate closely with others while exhibiting a positive attitude.
- Detail-oriented, organized and confident with the ability to generate solutions and creatively solve problems.
- Tech-savvy—with relative comfort within the current computer/tablet and online environment and interest in exploring up-and-coming virtual learning opportunities.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. The ideal candidate is pursuing a graduate degree related to education, instructional design, learning and development, research design and methodology or non-profit management.
- One to three years of related experience is desired. Experience may include opportunities from one’s undergraduate experience.
- Membership in Alpha Gamma Delta (or another fraternity/sorority) is preferred.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) is required and experience utilizing a learning management platform is extremely desirable.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Reports to: Harm Prevention Manager
Job-Status: Non-exempt, hourly employee
Position: Temporary; may be eligible to work remotely
Schedule: 30 hours a week (a set schedule, including start and end date, will be determined based on intern availability).
Other Duties: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.