Harm Prevention Specialist
Our Vision: Inspire the Woman. Impact the World.
Our Mission: Alpha Gamma Delta is an international fraternity for women that exists to provide opportunities for personal development through the spirit of sisterhood. We support lifelong learning as a means to gain understanding and wisdom. We promote the value of fraternal membership and commitment to higher education. We help prepare members to contribute to the world's work. We advocate lifetime involvement in Alpha Gamma Delta.
Be smart. Be committed. Be creative and flexible. Learn, all the time.
Live with integrity and expect the same from others.
Cooperate, communicate and present your best self in all situations.
Deliver your highest quality work with the time, resources and knowledge available.
Believe in the power of women and the value of Alpha Gamma Delta.
Your Role in Our Mission:
The Harm Prevention Team works to ensure that Alpha Gamma Delta chapters provide an experience where health and dignity are at the center of the experience, and to respond to and mediate situations in which that is not the case.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Promote organizational interests and navigate best possible outcomes in issues of harm prevention, risk reduction and crisis response including oversight of progressive discipline process and investigations, mitigation of emergency situations and mediation of potentially litigious circumstances.
- Work with volunteers, staff and campus professionals to ensure member and chapter compliance with Fraternity Policies and Procedures, including but not limited to:
- The investigation and resolution of risk management incidences and the issuing of status changes and/or directives.
- The execution of membership reviews, officer reviews, chapter advisor reviews and the resolution of chapters, as needed.
- Educational program efforts related to harm prevention, crisis response and post-investigation offerings.
- Build and maintain relationships with campus professionals, regional leadership associations and pertinent professional groups.
- Minimum of one-year experience, preferably in higher education, corporate training or recruiting, marketing or public relations, social services or the fraternity/sorority field
• Support the Fraternity’s current programs which Include but are not limited to the Alcohol Skills Training Program (ASTP), Not Anymore and Clutch (event management and alcohol education platform).
• Travel for chapter visits, Fraternity conferences, Convention and industry conferences as needed.
• Serve on a rotation for the Fraternity’s after-hours emergency phone line.
• Collaborate with the Fraternity Development Team to develop new innovated resources and programs to educate members on harm prevention related topics.
- Calm in the face of crisis and challenging situations
- Equal parts people-centered and compliance oriented. You possess good interpersonal skills with the ability to critically review and implement policies and procedures
- An excellent communicator in the English language – both written and verbal – with strong ability to help people understand the “why” and see their role in the bigger picture
- Flexible; able to adapt to changing needs and shift priorities as needed while keeping stakeholders informed
- A team player, able to collaborate closely with others while exhibiting a positive attitude
- Able to demonstrate sound decision-making in high-pressure conditions with minimal oversight
- Detail-oriented, organized and confident with the ability to generate solutions and creatively solve problems
- Professional and trustworthy, able to handle sensitive information with discretion
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
• Membership in Alpha Gamma Delta preferred, but not required
• Exceptional organizational and communication skills, both written and oral
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite and other online data and document sharing tools
• Ability and willingness to travel as a representative of the Fraternity when neede.
• Must be able and willing to lift, carry or move items 35-50 lbs
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Job-Status: Non-exempt, Hourly
Reports to: Harm Prevention Manager
Other Duties: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Non-Discrimination Policy: We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.