Our Vision: Inspire the Woman. Impact the World.
Our Mission: Alpha Gamma Delta is an international fraternity for women that exists to provide opportunities for personal development through the spirit of sisterhood. We support lifelong learning as a means to gain understanding and wisdom. We promote the value of fraternal membership and commitment to higher education. We help prepare members to contribute to the world's work. We advocate lifetime involvement in Alpha Gamma Delta.
Our Message: Live With Purpose
Be smart. Be committed. Be creative and flexible. Learn, all the time.
Live with integrity and expect the same from others.
Cooperate, communicate and present your best self in all situations.
Deliver your highest quality work with the time, resources and knowledge available. Believe in the power of women and the value of Alpha Gamma Delta.
Your Role in Our Mission:
The Extension Specialist works to strategically and sustainably grow and develop Alpha Gamma Delta in number and strength, working closely with members of the Volunteer Service Team (VST) and International Headquarters staff. The Extension Specialist will analyze, implement, and drive the Fraternity’s extension strategy.
Your success will be defined by your ability to share the story of Alpha Gamma Delta, produce quality work against hard deadlines, create method amidst madness (or organize chaos) and build collaborative and productive relationships with staff, volunteers and other stakeholders.
• Execute the Fraternity’s extension and growth strategy to achieve organizational success
• Direct the establishment of new chapters including campus visits, professional presentations, and on-campus marketing and recruitment activities
• Coordinate volunteers and collegians to assist with these activities as needed
• Lead the on-site extension efforts at colleges and universities throughout the United States and Canada
• Supervise the work of leadership consultants assigned to extension efforts through training, monitoring and coaching performance to ensure success
• Work with appropriate staff and volunteers to evaluate extension opportunities using established criteria
• Coordinate the development and distribution of materials for extension opportunities
• Serve as integral member of the extension presentation team
• Recruit for Alpha Gamma Delta by raising awareness of the organization among campus professionals through the cultivation and development of effective personal relationships
• Travel frequently for exploratory visits, extension presentations, extension recruitment, and other meetings as needed
• Complete other duties as assigned
• Equal parts people-person and project coordinator; you love meeting people and learning about their stories and everyone who know you is familiar with your impressive, color-coded, always up-to-date to-do list and amazed by your ability to check everything off
• A problem-solver; always finding a way to navigate through challenges.
• An excellent communicator in the English language – both written and verbal – with strong editorial skills and an eye for design
• Flexible, able to adapt to changing needs, shift priorities as needed while keeping stakeholders informed
• A team player, able to collaborate closely with others while exhibiting a positive attitude
• Able to demonstrate sound decision-making in high pressure conditions with minimal oversight
• Detail-oriented, organized and confident with the ability to generate solutions and creatively solve problems
• Bachelor’s degree required
• One-year experience, preferably as a Leadership Consultant
• Passion for and belief in the fraternal movement and the development of women
• Membership in Alpha Gamma Delta required
• Exceptional organizational and communication skills—both written and oral, including presentation skills
• Ability and willingness to travel frequently
• Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to successfully work both independently and collaboratively as the situation demands
• Working knowledge of marketing and recruitment trends and techniques, specifically to college-aged women
• Previous management and/or supervisory experience.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Job-Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Reports to: Extension Manager
Other Duties: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Non-Discrimination Policy: We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.