Director of Fraternity Development
Our Vision: Inspire the Woman. Impact the World.
Our Mission: Inspired by the vision and values defined by our Founders, Alpha Gamma Delta cherishes the lifelong opportunity to share sisterhood. We challenge our members to lead lives of significance that positively impact their communities.
Our Message: Live With Purpose
Be smart. Be committed. Be creative and flexible.
Learn, all the time.
Live with integrity and expect the same from others.
Cooperate, communicate and present your best self in all situations.
Deliver your highest quality work with the time, resources and knowledge available.
Believe in the power of women and the value of Alpha Gamma Delta.
Your Role in Our Mission:
The Director of Fraternity Development is broadly charged with developing leadership potential through programming within the Fraternity, including collegiate and alumnae members, volunteers and staff. The Director of Fraternity Development leads the education and engagement teams to design, create and implement learning and engagement experiences that inspire our members and support them in their leadership and membership journeys.
Your success will be defined by your ability to develop inspiring and effective learning experiences, lead a team of employees to produce quality work against hard deadlines, build collaborative and productive relationships with staff and volunteers and be committed to meet the needs of a growing, changing organization.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Drive volunteer and staff collaboration on Fraternity learning and development experiences.
- In partnership with the Education Committee, develop a Fraternity-wide learning and development framework, lead the Fraternity’s education strategy and oversee the development and implementation of specific Fraternity education, leadership development and other training programs including but not limited to:
- Build and maintain relationships with educational vendors, regional leadership associations and pertinent professional groups.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of Fraternity programming and training at all levels with respect to the Fraternity’s mission, vision and strategic plan in partnership with the Education Committee.
- Lead and coach team members through both one-on-one and team interactions in executing Fraternity Development strategies and learning experiences.
- Serve as the Fraternity’s evaluator of outside education, leadership development and other training programs and recommend the Fraternity’s use of them; manage the relationships and contracts for these programs and direct the implementation of such programs.
- Manage the grant application process with the Alpha Gamma Delta Foundation.
- Travel as a representative of the Fraternity as needed.
- In partnership with the Philanthropy Committee, develop and oversee a Fraternity-wide philanthropy and service strategy that includes but is not limited to:
- In partnership with Alumnae volunteer team, develop and oversee a Fraternity-wide alumnae engagement and development strategy that includes, but is not limited to:
- An educator at heart with a mind for strategy and a passion for developing people
- An excellent communicator in the English language—both written and verbal—with strong facilitation and curriculum design skills
- Flexible; able to adapt to changing needs and shift priorities as needed while keeping stakeholders informed
- A team player, able to collaborate closely with others while exhibiting a positive attitude
- Able to demonstrate sound decision-making in high-pressure conditions with minimal oversight
- Detail-oriented, organized and confident with the ability to generate solutions and creatively solve problems
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3–5 years’ experience
- Experience in project management and oversight
- Membership in Alpha Gamma Delta preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite products a bonus.
- Ability and willingness to travel as a representative of the Fraternity when needed
- Must be able and willing to lift and carry items 35–50 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Education and Engagement Staff
Job-Status: Exempt, salaried
Reports to: Managing Director
Non-Discrimination Policy: We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.