Our Vision: Inspire the Woman. Impact the World.
Our Mission: Alpha Gamma Delta is an international fraternity for women that exists to provide opportunities for personal development through the spirit of sisterhood. We support lifelong learning as a means to gain understanding and wisdom. We promote the value of fraternal membership and commitment to higher education. We help prepare members to contribute to the world's work. We advocate lifetime involvement in Alpha Gamma Delta.
Our Message: Live With Purpose
Be creative and flexible.
Learn, all the time.
Live with integrity and expect the same from others.
Cooperate, communicate and present your best self in all situations.
Deliver your highest quality work with the time, resources and knowledge available.
Believe in the power of women and the value of Alpha Gamma Delta.
Your Role in Our Mission: The Finance and Operations Team is focused on productivity and profitability to ensure continued organizational success. The Inventory Specialist works with the Merchandising Manager on all aspects of the Fraternity’s inventory strategy to ensure that the Fraternity is providing a relevant, cost-effective and convenient merchandise experience for its members.
Your success will be defined by your ability to produce quality work against hard deadlines, build collaborative and productive relationships with staff, volunteers and vendors and be proactive in the continued development and execution of the inventory strategy.
What You Will Be Doing:
• Work with the Merchandising Manager to implement the Fraternity’s inventory strategy
• Contribute to the profitability of the Alpha Gam Boutique through merchandise handling, replenishment and inventory control efforts
• Contribute to the Alpha Gam Boutique’s online platform, Shopify, including regular maintenance, inventory and report analysis
• Manage the Alpha Gam Boutique’s fulfillment and customer service systems, including processing payments and assisting customers in all aspects of store services; handle inquiries
• Assist with development and implementation of marketing initiatives for the Alpha Gam Boutique. Analyze product trends and performance and forecast product demand
• Maintain effective relationships and communications with vendors. Coordinate merchandise orders
• Assist with the management of pop-up Boutiques. Travel to regional events, conferences and other meetings, as needed
• Research the latest technology, merchandising, events and marketing trends
• Other duties as assigned
• A team player, able to collaborate closely with others while exhibiting a positive attitude
• An excellent communicator, with strong verbal and written skills in the English language
• Flexible, able to adapt to changing needs, shift priorities as required and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
• Able to demonstrate sound decision-making in high pressure conditions with minimal oversight
• Detail-oriented, organized and confident with the ability to generate solutions and creatively solve problems
• Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
• One year of related experience, preferably in merchandising or the fraternity/sorority field
• Membership in Alpha Gamma Delta or other fraternity/sorority and basic knowledge of the Fraternity preferred, but not required
• Ability and willingness to travel as a representative of the Fraternity when needed
• Ability and willingness to work from the International Headquarters offices in Indianapolis, IN
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Must be able and willing to lift and carry items 35-50 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Job-Status: Non-exempt, hourly
Reports to: Merchandising Manager
Other Duties: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time. Nothing in this job description at any time.
Non-Discrimination Policy: We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.